So last year, I quit my job due to personal reasons and I have been doing Communications Consultancy (Crisis Management, Public Relations, Business Development and Marketing) since then but as always everything has its hurdles. Some days are so good, some are OK and the worst ones are horrible that they can make you wish you had an actual job.
That’s adulthood summed up in one, anyways this is not about my unemployment. This is about me waking up with period cravings and heavy cramps on a rainy morning but too broke to order in.
Today’s special craving, pizza. Laugh with me please because when I thought about a hot delicious slice of chicken pizza, my wallet heehawed at me with evilness. Of course just because you are broke doesn’t mean the cravings will go away, so I thought about something I had seen on Pinterest. Bread pizza, all it needs are a few ingredients and bam! You have a delicious slice(we will have it by force) of something to fix the itch.
So I looked through my fridge:
- Three slices of bread
- Mozzarella ( a slice to be crumbed)
- Chopped onions and green pepper
- Chopped French beans
- Finely chopped garlic
- Crumbed chicken sausage meat (remove the casing)
- Preheat oven at 150 C ( I have a mini one that stops at 250)
- Set the bread out on a chopping board
- Put the “toppings” on the bread, start with french beans to keep them moist under the other ingredients.
- Add onions, garlic pepper, sausage meat and top with the mozzarella
- Sprinkle cooking oil, aromat and mixed spices on top
- Put in oven, increase the heat to 200 and cook for 15 minutes. It comes out moist in the center with nicely crunchy edges.
- Sprinkle some ketchup and eat.
Recipes vary, this is my personal one so if things don’t turn out your way, kindly remember that. Do forgive my horrid camera.