So I still can’t believe that I made the most perfect vanilla sugar cookies today. It started as a small small craving (as always) but then I ended up actually baking the most delicious chewy homemade cookies I have ever tasted.
Anyways, here is a small easy to make recipe.
Vanilla extra, sugar, baking powder, half a lemon, cooking oil (I have been avoiding butter so I use light oils like olive and sunflower oil) two eggs and salt.
-Preheat oven to 200°C
– Pour 2 sieved serving spoons of flour into a mixing bowl and a normal spoonful of baking powder
– Add some oil (I don’t measure, but you might need two spoonfuls like from the normal spoons)
– One serving spoon of sugar
– Beat the eggs and add to the bowl
– Squeeze the lemon and grate the skin into the mixture plus a small spoonful of the vanilla extract.
-Mix well then knead the dough into some sugar till it looks all sugary.
-Get parchment paper (I use foil) and line it on a baking sheet.
– Roll the dough into small balls then place on the sheet while leaving a little bit of distance between them then get a clean glass and flatten the dough on the sheet.
Place in the oven for like 8 minutes or so, I also don’t time just keep checking till they have browned on the edge
Mine came out well (see picture below), this is a lazy people recipe but you can share your recipes with me and I try them out.
Thaaank you in advance
Fun word of the day: Small Small… 😆